National Open School
The desire to support and spread education among the less-privileged resulted in Carmel Convent School, Delhi introducing Open School in its premises in 2005. The project has been a success with 500 new students, both boys and girls registering in the Open School program each year. The school conducts classes every weekend with many staff members helping out to make this endeavor a success. The classes are open to students of 10 and 12 in all streams.
Carmel Convent School is one of the best ‘A’ Grade Study Centre in Delhi, and 500 students are enrolled per session every year. There are two sessions during the year. Admissions are done through Online Registration. The school provides on-line facilities for Admission & fee collection. The centre has all kinds of subjects like Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer Science, Mathematics & Mass Communication. Students of Class X & XII both Girls & Boys attend these classes.Assignments of students are checked by the teachers and submitted at the centre, and then the award list is sent to the NIOS Regional Centre.
Support Services provided to Open School students
- Open School Office is open for seven days in a week. We are providing Online facilities to NIOS students. (Admission, fees collection).
- Regular teaching section for NIOS students.
- Special classes for weak students.
- Spoken English and MS Office classes for all students.
- We have fully functioned audio-video class room.
- Smart Board in the class room, NIOS students are availing these facilities.
- Typing classes for the students those who are weak in Data Entry Operations and Computer Sciences.(Typing Speed)
- Cash awards for the NIOS students those who are scoring 60% and above in the Public Exams.
- Award distributions held in the School AGM.
- Special Counseling for the needed students.
- Career Counseling for higher studies.
- Special section for disabled students.
- We are conducting model examinations for every section.
- Providing study materials for the students those who are not received from NIOS.
- Carmel Convent School is sponsoring the financially weaker NIOS students. (By Paying Admission and Examination fees.)
- The girls students those who are completing secondary exams with 60% and above with good English skills are considering for 11th class admission in Carmel Convent School (Age group according to CBSE norms).
- All these facilities provided by Carmel Convent School is free of cost.